Position Description: Do you have what it takes to be an event manager for a catering company? lowCountry Catering is looking for someone who can handle the responsibility of directing our service crew and ensuring that events are executed flawlessly.
Title: Event Manager Job Description | LowCountry Catering
Department: Operations | Reports To: Staffing Manager
Compensation: – paid biweekly
- Ability to effectively manage and delegate a staff of 3 to 25. While maintaining positive morale and teamwork.
- Accurately record all staff’s time and adherence to uniform policies.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Have a thorough understanding of the banquet event order and display a consistent ability to set up events.
- Effectively manage the smooth operation and timing of events while also managing special requests like vendor meals, VIP service and, other special requests.
- Greets clients upon arrival and reviews agenda and needs for the event while providing excellent customer service.
- Reliable problem solver with the ability to address guests’ concerns, inquiries and complaints.
- Ability and willingness to drive LowCountry vehicles including box trucks, sprinter vans, and transits.
- Ability to clearly it accurately complete and event report. Paying close attention to maintaining and recording rental equipment.
- Understand how to carry out all serving steps for banquet events, with a focus on buffet and plated service.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Degree in hospitality or similar preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a banquet captain or similar.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Great time management and multitasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- The ability to provide excellent customer service, even in stressful situations.
- Physically fit with good stamina for physical tasks such as moving and lifting furniture and standing for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work long hours, irregular shifts, and on weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 65 pounds